Pieces of the Salasin Project Quilt
Basic Needs Support and Housing Stabilization
The Resource Coordinator offers one onone support for individuals and families inneed of transitional assistance with:
- housing (rental and mortgage assistance)
- utilities (fuel, gas, electric, telephone)
- clothing, food, transportation
Domestic Violence/Trauma Advocacy (DV/T Advocate)
Using an empowerment and trauma informed model the DV/T Advocate:
- focuses on the needs of the individual as expressed by the individual.
- looks to the individual’s own strength, awareness and experiences as resources for healing.
- helps individuals identify a variety of coping skills and strategies to address feelings of stress, isolation and shame.
- makes appropriate legal aid, housing and medical referrals.
- provides a minimum of twelve sessions of peer advocacy.
Women’s Resource Centers of Western Mass
Believing that healing happens through mutually empowering relationships, we at the Women’s Resource Centers offer a safe place to build community, support each other and empower and heal ourselves.
Family Support Worker Program
This strength based home visiting program:
- provides encouragement, information and referrals to assist each family in reaching their goals.
- supports families through weekly home visits.
- helps parents achieve their desired level of self-sufficiency and access needed services to support their children’s optimal development.